Thứ Năm, 3 tháng 12, 2015

Beauty queen refuses to pay fine



HoThi Oanh Yen, winner of the Mister and Miss PanContinental 2015 hasannounced that she will refuse to pay a VND30m (USD1,300) fine forappearing without permission in beauty contests abroad, while thePerforming Arts Department have responded by issuing a ban on herparticipation at any ‘art’ performances.


Vietnamese model fined for illegally attending int’l beauty contest








 


Ho Thi Oanh Yen








Yen claims she does not have the money to pay the VND30 million fine.


“I don’t even know where theDepartment of Performing Arts is located and I have no connection withthem. I’m not famous in Vietnam and don’t perform much so the departmentdoesn’t have much to do with me. I only know that Mister and MissPanContinental 2015 was an important opportunity that I didn’t want topass up. My usual payment is very low and I often do charitable work tooso I don’t have money to pay the fine,” she said.








 


Ho Thi Oanh Yen wins the Mister and Miss PanContinental 2015








She also denied scurrilous rumoursthat claimed Yen had given up her Vietnamese nationality following amarriage to a US citizen.


“I have my own life to live and Ididn’t do anything bad to my country and my people,” Yen said, “No onegave me money so why would they want to fine me? I travelled andattended the contest with my own money.”


However, Nguyen Dang Chuong, head ofDepartment of Performing Arts, said if Yen attended the beauty contestas a Vietnamese citizen then she must follow regulations in Vietnam.


“She’s not the only one who has to askfor permission to attend a beauty contest. I know small beauty contestsin other countries are mostly held by private organisations. But inVietnam, no matter how small the contest is, contestants must havepermission from state agency in order to attend it,” he said.


Chuong said they asked the HCM CityDepartment of Culture, Sports and Tourism to investigate the case. IfYen didn’t follow regulations, they would not recognise Yen’s title,which she won abroad, and would ban her from ‘performing’ locally.


Ho Thi Oanh Yen ranked in the top 10at Miss Vietnam Global 2010. After that, she focused on raising herfamily before deciding to attend the Mister and Miss PanContinental 2015event in the Philippines.



Dtinews




Beauty queen refuses to pay fine

Vietnam Tour Expert Help: www.24htour.com
Halong Bay Cruises Tour Expert Help: www.halongcruises.com.au

#vietnamesecuisine
http://www.vntravelnews.com/food-drinks/
#vietnamtravelnews #vntravelnews #vietnamnews #traveltovietnam #vietnamtravel #vietnamtour
Vietnam Travel News - Explore what"s happening around Vietnam.
www.vntravelnews.com
www.facebook.com/vntravelnews
www.twitter.com/vnntravelnews
www.pinterest.com/vntravelnews/
https://plus.google.com/+Vntravelnewscentre/

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét